Conflict is a necessary and unavoidable part of today’s rapidly changing business world.
The only constant in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector is change. Innovation, globalization and changing business models create challenges for business leaders and technology teams. Organizations must adapt quickly and cost effectively,
focusing on the market realities of today. Innovations in technology products and services continue to be disruptive to ICT suppliers and their customers alike, leading to unforeseen conflicts and disputes. Conflict can lead to missed opportunities and costly,
time consuming and destructive legal disputes. Or conflict can be managed and resolved, resulting in stronger agreements, more successful projects and durable business relationships. We help our technology industry clients turn conflict into opportunities.
Many organizations try, without success, to negotiate solutions to conflicts on their own. A stalemate or breakdown in these negotiations hurts their current and future business relationships. An experienced independent third party can facilitate discussions in a positive pro-active manner and help turn a business impasse into a workable solution.
Consider the following statistics:
- Only 26% of IT projects are successfully delivered on time, on budget and with all features and functions originally planned;
~Standish Study 2004
- 2/3 of all IT projects are “challenged”;
- Less than 20% are completed on time and on budget;
- More than 50% are significantly over budget (up to 2x original estimates);
- 30% will be cancelled before they are completed.
~Standish Group “Chaos Report”